LEGAL NOTICE :
The Site and the Services are operated by Widr Pay, a simplified joint stock company with a share capital of €32,299.00, whose registered office is located at 53 rue la Boétie 75008 Paris (FRANCE), registered in the Paris Trade and Companies Register under number 802 634 782 and whose intra-community VAT number is FR 67824012173. You can contact us by phone at +33 (0)1 84 25 75 43 or by email at email@example.com.
The publication manager is John Banner, Chairman.
The Site is hosted by AWS, whose registered office is located at 31 Place des Corolles, 92400 Courbevoie, France. Our data is hosted within the European Union, in France.
ARTICLE 1 : DEFINITIONS
Lawyer : refers to the person duly registered at a bar, who advises and assists in legal matters and who subscribes to Widr Pay's Services within the framework of his professional activity ;
Client : designates any natural person, of legal age and capacity, acting in a professional or non-professional capacity, who is solicited by a Lawyer for online payment, appointment scheduling or videoconferencing. This person is then a Client of the Lawyer;
General Terms and Conditions of Use : refers to the present general terms and conditions of use applicable to the Site and the Services;
Account : refers to the space made available to the registered Lawyer on the Site, allowing him/her to access all of the Services offered by Widr Pay.
Identifier : designates the personal identifier and the password necessary to identify the Lawyer to access the Services. These data are confidential;
Parties : designates both Widr Pay and the Lawyer;
Services : designates all the services made available by Widr Pay to the User (online payment, web page with online appointment scheduling and videoconferencing system, blog, influencer program);
Site : refers to the website : Widrpay.com accessible from a computer, a smartphone or a tablet;
User : designates any physical person, major and capable, navigating on the Site and using the Services. Lawyers and Clients are included in this category;
Unless otherwise specified in the General Terms and Conditions of Use, words in the singular shall include the plural and vice versa.
ARTICLE 2 : PURPOSE
2.1 The purpose of these General Terms and Conditions of Use is to define the terms and conditions of availability and use of the Site and the Services offered by Widr Pay. They constitute a contract between Widr Pay and the User.
2.2 The User acknowledges that the only version of the General Terms and Conditions of Use that is authentic is the one found online on the Site, which he accepts without restriction.
2.3 The User who accesses the Site and the Services undertakes to respect, without reservation, these General Terms and Conditions of Use. In the event of non-acceptance of the General Terms and Conditions of Use, the User must renounce access to the Site and the Services offered.
2.4 Widr Pay reserves the right to terminate, without delay, by simple written notification, access and use of the Site and Services by the User, in the event of non-compliance with the General Terms and Conditions of Use, without prejudice to any damages that Widr Pay may claim in compensation for the breach.
ARTICLE 3 : ENTRY INTO FORCE
These General Terms and Conditions of Use came into force on February 10, 2020.
ARTICLE 4 : ACCESS AND USE OF SERVICES
The Site allows the User to access and use the Services.
4.1 ONLINE PAYMENT WIDR PAY
1. The Lawyer benefits from online payment on the secure Widr Pay platform whose transactions are managed by Stripe platform, a payment integration solution.
2. No installation is required beforehand. The use of this Service requires the creation of a connected Stripe account that will be linked with the Widr Pay account. The Lawyer must then complete an information form, indicating his or her surname, first name, telephone number, email address and the IBAN on which he or she wishes to receive payment.
3. The Lawyer undertakes to provide true, accurate, complete and up-to-date information. In case of failure to comply with these provisions, Widr Pay reserves the right to immediately suspend or terminate the Attorney's Account without notice.
4. Widr Pay reserves the right to approve or not the opening of the Account.
5. After opening an Account, Widr Pay delivers to the Lawyer his/her Identifiers allowing the access to the said Account. Any disclosure of the Identifier by the Lawyer, whatever its form, is prohibited. In the event of theft or loss of the Identifiers, the Lawyer must inform Widr Pay without delay at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org or on the live chat so that Widr Pay can update them.
6. For each invoice of the Lawyer, the Client has several means of payment (all the videos explaining the use are on the Site : click here) :
- the Lawyer sends his/her invoice from his/her Account to the Client. The Client then receives an email allowing him to pay directly online ;
- the Lawyer adds a payment link to his/her PDF invoices. The Client clicks on this link and pays online.
Several payment methods are available to the Client : credit card, Apple Pay, Google Pay, AMEX and SEPA Direct.
7. Widr Pay handles the first payment for each new account within seven (7) days of receipt of the payment made by the Client. This delay allows to reduce the risks related to the provision of payment services and to ensure an anti-fraud system. Once Widr Pay receives notification of successful payment, it takes five (5) days for the transfer to appear on the Lawyer's bank account. This processing time is identical for all French accounts.
8. This Service made available to the Lawyer is not free of charge. The price is calculated on the basis of a percentage corresponding to the bank charges. Widr Pay reserves the right to modify it at any time and without prior notice. For each payment, the Lawyer's bank account will be credited with the amount paid by his/her client minus the said fees. The Lawyer may also decide to charge these fees directly to the Client. In this case, the amount paid by the Client remains intact.
4.2 DISPUTED PAYMENT
1. Disputed payment: SEPA direct debit
1.1 Dispute of a SEPA Direct Debit authorized by the Client : The Client has a maximum of eight (8) weeks from the date of the debit to its bank account to contest the direct debit with its bank. The bank will automatically proceed with the reimbursement. However, the Client remains liable for the invoice to the Lawyer and must find a solution with the latter.
1.2 Disputes relating to a SEPA Direct Debit not authorized by the Client : The Client who notices an unauthorized SEPA Direct Debit on his/ her bank account has a period of thirteen (13) months from the date of the debit to contest it. Widr Pay automatically provides the Client's bank with the mandate approved by the Client. It is then up to the bank to decide whether or not the Client's dispute is honored. Indeed, the Client's bank may decide that the debit was not authorized by the mandate and that the Client is entitled to a refund.
1.3 SEPA Direct Debit refused by the bank: The bank may refuse to debit the Client's bank account for any reason whatsoever, including any insufficient funds from the Client.
1.4 Procedure in case of disputed payment: For any disputed payment, the fees paid by the Client are automatically refunded.
Are included in the fees :
- the amount indicated on the invoice sent by the Lawyer to his Client;
- Widr Pay's bank charges (if these have been charged to the Client);
- the Dispute fees.
Widr Pay will first reimburse the Client and then make a direct debit of these fees from the Lawyer's Account.
The balance of his account may become negative if the cost of Dispute is higher than the existing balance. In this case, Stripe platform (whose Lawyer's Account is connected to) will initiate a withdrawal from the Lawyer's bank account to cover the negative balance. The Lawyer is informed on the e-mail address provided during his registration.
Widr Pay does not intervene in any way in the relationship between the Lawyer and his Client. In the event of a payment failure, it is up to the Lawyer and his Client to restart the operation.
Widr Pay does not obtain any additional information or documents, other than the dispute of the Client's bank, events and transactions on Stripe.
1.5 Dispute fees : The Dispute fees charged by the bank vary according to the currency of the payment :
- EUR - €7.50
- USD -$10.00
- GBP - £7.00
- BGN - лв15.00
- CHF - 10.00 Fr
- CZK - 200 Kč
- DKK - 75.00-kr
- NOK - 75.00-kr
- PLN - 33.50 zł
- RON - lei36.50
- SEK - 75.00-kr
1.6 Time Limits: The automatic withdrawal from the Lawyer's Account takes place within 24 hours after payment by Widr Pay of the fees.
2. Disputed payment: payment by credit card
2.1 Dispute of a payment made by credit card: The Client disputes a transaction made by credit card with his/her bank.
2.2 Procedure in the event of disputed payment: Generally, the Client's bank cancels the payment immediately after the dispute has been declared. However, some financial institutions will conduct a payment investigation beforehand and request additional information.
For any disputed payment, the fees paid by the Client are automatically refunded. Widr Pay proceeds in the same way as for the SEPA direct debit (see above).
2.3 Dispute fees: The dispute fees charged by the bank are €15.00 (for users in France).
2.4 Delays : The automatic withdrawal from the Lawyer's Account takes place within 24 hours following payment by Widr Pay of the fees.
4.3 WIDR PAY PRODUCTIVITY TOOLS
1. The opening of an Account allows the Lawyer to benefit from a certain number of productivity tools developed by Widr Pay: online appointment scheduling, videoconferencing, personal website, presence on Google Maps etc. All these services are independent of the payment platform and are made available to lawyers free of charge.
2. The web page: Widr Pay proposes to Lawyers to create their own web page in order to increase their visibility.
This page is notably composed of :
- An online agenda with real-time appointment management;
- A video conferencing tool without prior installation;
- A Google & Google Maps referencing of your website;
- Access to the inter-lawyer recommendation network;
4. The blog : The Lawyer has the possibility to publish his/her legal articles on Widr Pay's blog.
The Lawyer must send his/her article to the email address email@example.com with his/her contact information so that Widr Pay can contact him and set the terms of publication of the article.
For any publication, Widr Pay undertakes to indicate the name and surname of the lawyer author of the article.
4.3 WIDR PAY INFLUENCER PROGRAM
Widr Pay selects lawyers because of their training, professional expertise and personality. Members answer questions/investigations/tests so that Widr Pay can propose effective tools that meet the needs of the legal sector.
In return, these members benefit from a certain number of advantages in particular :
- Referencing on the Site ;
- Production of a portrait published on the Site and Widr Pay's social networks;
- A preview of the new Widr Pay functionalities.
To join the Influencer Program, the Lawyer must :
- receive an invitation from Widr Pay ;
- sign the Widr Pay Influencer Agreement.
ARTICLE 5 : USER’S OBLIGATIONS
5.1 The User undertakes to use the Site and the Services in accordance with the GCU and shall refrain from any conduct likely to affect their proper operation, especially any interruption, suspension, slowdown and/or detour.
5.2 The User is solely responsible for the use of the Site and the Services, the information transmitted, distributed, collected, their use and their updating.
5.3 The User undertakes to respect the rights and commercial or moral interests of other users of the Site and Services.
5.4 Widr Pay may hold the User liable in the event of damage resulting from failure to comply with these obligations.
ARTICLE 6 : INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
6.1 The User undertakes to respect all intellectual property rights attached to the Site and the Services ( especially for any domain name, brand, logo, design, model, documentation, illustration, image, text, software, soundtrack, etc.) and belonging to Widr Pay. Therefore, in application of the provisions of the Intellectual Property Code, the legislative and regulatory provisions of all countries and international conventions, the User undertakes not to reproduce, represent, distribute, associate, exploit, adapt, arrange, modify, translate, correct, transmit, market, all or part of the Site, the Services and/or any of their components, by whatever means and on whatever medium, without the prior written authorization of Widr Pay.
6.2 In the event of violation of these mandatory provisions by the User or by a third party, Widr Pay may engage their liability.
ARTICLE 7 : PERSONAL DATA
7.1 The provisions relating to the protection of personal data as derived from the regulations (together the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the French Data Protection Act No. 78-17 of January 6, 1978) are accessible on the Site.
7.2 The stipulations of the General Terms and Conditions of Use apply concurrently to Widr Pay's Privacy and Data Protection Policy.
ARTICLE 8 : MODIFICATIONS/UPDATES
8.1 Widr Pay reserves the right to unilaterally modify or change the present General Terms and Conditions of Use at any time, for any reason whatsoever (in particular in order to comply with any technical, legal, regulatory, jurisprudential evolution, etc.), without prior notice to the User.
8.2 The User is informed of any modification of the General Terms and Conditions of Use by means of an information banner placed online on the homepage of the Site. In the event of non-acceptance of these modifications, the User must renounce access to the Site and the Services offered.
8.3 The prevailing version is the one accessible online at the following address https://widr.app/en/terms-of-use. All Users must therefore refer to the version accessible online on the date of their access and use of the Site and Services.
ARTICLE 9 : RESPONSIBILITIES AND GUARANTEES
9.1 The User acknowledges that the Site and the Services are presented "as it is" and are accessible without any guarantee of availability and regularity. Nevertheless, Widr Pay undertakes, on the basis of an obligation of means, to take the necessary measures to maintain the continuity, reliability, speed and security of the Site and Services. For this reason, Widr Pay will proceed, as far as possible, to controls in order to check their good functioning and in particular to maintenance operations that may cause a temporary suspension of the Site and the Services. Widr Pay will make every effort to correct any anomaly affecting their proper use as soon as possible.
9.2 Widr Pay does not guarantee to the User that the information communicated is accurate, complete and updated.
9.3 Widr Pay cannot be held liable in the following circumstances:
for any interruption of the Site and Services, regardless of the cause, duration or frequency of such interruption and in particular for any disruption of the Internet network due to external circumstances, cases of force majeure or maintenance operations planned by Widr Pay;
for any fraudulent act, contrary to the law and/or public order, committed by the User or by a third party using the Site and the Services;
for any virus that may infect the User's computer equipment after use of the Site and Services;
for any indirect damage, such as loss of turnover or opportunities, caused to the User or a third party resulting from the use of the Site and Services or their inability to use them.
9.4 Widr Pay will under no circumstances intervene in the relationship established between the Lawyer and the Client and will not assume any responsibility originating or arising from said relationship.
ARTICLE 10 : HYPERTEXT LINKS
The Site may be made up of hypertext links to websites that are not published and not controlled by Widr Pay. These hypertext links do not constitute any approval, guarantee or recommendation of these third-party websites. Widr Pay cannot be held responsible for the content or operation of these sites.
ARTICLE 11 : FORCE MAJEURE
The responsibility of Widr Pay could not be committed in the event of occurrence of a case of absolute necessity usually recognized by the law and/or the jurisprudence. The Party who claims it will have to inform the other Party as soon as it occurs. The obligations undertaken by virtue of the General Terms and Conditions of Use will then be suspended for the duration of the said event. If the impediment is definitive, the Parties shall be released from their obligations under the conditions provided for in Articles 1351 and 1351-1 of the Civil Code.
ARTICLE 12 : PARTIAL NULLITY
In the event that any provision of the General Terms and Conditions of Use is unenforceable for any reason, including but not limited to applicable law or regulation, the Parties shall remain bound by the remaining provisions of the General Terms and Conditions of Use and shall attempt to remedy the unenforceable provisions as soon as possible.
ARTICLE 13 : APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
These General Terms and Conditions of Use are governed exclusively by French law. Any dispute relating to the validity, application or interpretation of the General Terms and Conditions of Use will be subject to an attempt at amicable resolution. Failing this, disputes will be brought to the attention of the competent courts under common law.